Lagavulin 9 Year Old House Lannister is one of eight single malts Scotch whiskies made to commemorate the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones. Hit shelves in the fall of 2018, this Islay single malt was aged 9 years and bears the sigil for House Lannister–a golden lion. As one of the richest and oldest dynasties in the Seven Kingdoms, House Lannister will stop at nothing to retain its power, influence and hold on the Iron Throne. Their voracious intent is befittingly represented by a clawing lion on the House’s banner. If you cross then you will indeed hear their thunderous and violent roar, which has left many houses in ruin. After all, a Lannister always pays his debts. The Lannister’s rise to the Iron Throne required years of meticulous calculation and tenacity, much like Lagavulin’s rise to legendary status, which has been over 200 years in the making. Lagavulin is a roaring single malt that leaves its intense smoky flavor on your palate with every sip. The golden liquid recalls the Lannisters’ riches, and is best served neat or with a single drop of water.This whisky is available at haven wines.
- Exclusively matured in 100% fresh ‘first fill’ ex-Bourbon casks lends a gorgeous light, golden color to this Whisky.
- The nose is characteristically Lagavulin with the sweet smoke exploding on the nose providing a little zestier, Maritime brine than the other expressions.
- The palate opens with smoked caramelized banana and heavy vanilla and burnt marshmallow which subside into a light dry, slightly salted caramel.
- Lagavulin is one of the most legendary single malt brands and has been crafted on the shores of Islay for more than 200 years
- DIAGEO and HBO have released a limited-edition collection of single malt scotch whiskies inspired by the show ‘Game of Thrones’.